Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 1 Weigh In

I went for my Biggest Loser weigh in today..... guess what?


I lost 4.4 pounds!!!


I am so excited!
I have been working my ass off at the gym (and actually enjoying the time to myself). I have been eating smaller portions of food (and NO fast food!) I have only had ONE glass of wine all week (I KNOW!) I also gave.up.coffee. I was never a huge coffee drinker, but since the (17 month old) Baby is still on the teet at night, a few times a night, I am exhausted and thought that the coffee would get me through the day. It doesn't. You know what does? Looking forward to doing 2.5-3 miles on the treadmill ALL.BY.MYSELF. at least 4-5 days a week. I have so much more energy than coffee ever gave me. Sure, I'm still exhausted, but it's a different tired. It's a 'I just sweated about a 1/2 pound off me tired.' And I'm ok with that.

The Baby is also going into HIGH maintenance separation anxiety. I couldn't even go take a shower in our own house with my MIL watching him downstairs without a major meltdown. Probably because I have been dropping his cute little butt in the gym day care too much for his liking. I say TOUGH! He will get through it. He will survive. After about 5-10 minutes he stops screaming and the girls at the gym can handle him. I need to do this for ME!
So off I go. 2% down. I am on my way!! :)

Next week may not be as impressive. I have my SIL wedding on Saturday. Um, yea, I've been looking forward to the food and open bar all year. And it would be rude not to partake in the fancy place my SIL is paying big bucks to have her wedding. But I will be in the gym everyday this week, maybe even twice a couple days (since Hubby is home all week and I can leave the Baby home) and I will be there the day after the wedding for my 'last chance workout!'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT!! Way to go :)

Have a great time at the wedding. And just think...the food and booze will be burned off by all the dancing :)

justme said...

excellent work !!

Bethany said...

Excellent!!!