Friday, February 26, 2010

My Mom's Super Chili Recipe

This is so easy and delicious. Wish I had some pictures for you, but you can get the idea of how colorful it is.

1 lb of chopped meat or turkey
1 onion -chopped
Cook until browned, drain

Put back in pot and add:
2 McCormack's chili seasoning packets - or season to your taste.
1 green pepper -chopped
1 yellow pepper -chopped
2 cans RED beans
2 cans PINK beans
2 cans BLACK beans
1 can small WHITE beans
1 can LIGHT RED beans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
1 can corn

If you chose you can add a small jalapeno depending on your taste buds. I personally am not a big fan of the spicy, so I use mild seasoning packets and no jalapeno. You can also mix up the beans any way you like them.

I usually simmer on the stove all morning and it's fantastic. This recipe will make a LOT. Like possibly 4-5 quarts! So make and plan of giving some to neighbors, freeze or have a party!

No comments: