Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pigs are flying...

I never thought I'd say this, but the beach sucks!! Well, running on the beach does. hahaha

It was only a 1/4 mile, but the snow on the beach was slippery and the sand was all soft. It was really rough on my ankles. But I reached my goal! I wanted to run the 2 mile run in under 25 minutes. Well, I went over the finish line at about 25:25....but it took me about a minute to even get to the start line after the race started. There were snow banks on the side of the roads and cars parked (they should have had no parking) so there were at least 1500 people crammed into a tiny street waiting to go. That is my estimate. I know there were 1300 pre-registered and it was a beautiful sunny 40+ day with hardly any wind. I wouldn't be surprised if there were another 200 people signed up that morning. I know a lot of people wait until the day of a race to check the weather if they want to run.

It was a gorgeous fun day. Then Hubby and I went to the after party at the bar and had a great time with another couple. The kids were great with grandma and we are just counting the minutes until bedtime!!
I am so looking forward to spring!!

2 more days until the weigh in!!

1 comment:

justme said...

way to go !!!! just getting out there is an accomplishment