Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And the start weight is...

I did it. I weighed in yesterday afternoon.
I was wearing jeans, since I went while the Kid was in TaeKwonDo. And it was just after 4 in the afternoon. And it was after I stuffed my face all weekend.
I am 201 pounds.
Holy crap! I was honestly 180 last June when I was running. Then I stopped. And gained it all back.

I can't wait to fit into my size 14 jeans that I am squeezing over my ass every day. (can we say massive muffin top?) I threw out all my 16s last summer b/c I SWORE I would never be that big again. I am. I refuse to buy new jeans.

I went back to the gym after TKD. My mom came over and gave me 30 min on the treadmill. I went 2.5 miles! I realized yesterday that it's easier to look at time, not distance. Every 4th minute I would pick up the pace from 4.5 -> 5.5 for a minute. Then on the last minute I was around 6.2! I used to try to run faster for a 1/4 mile and I'd get tired out fast. I read a blog about intervals folloing the TIME and it worked much better.

ok. Officially time to kick my ass into gear. Of course, today is a free short stack of pancakes at IHOP (with a donation to Children's Miracle Network). And I promised the Kid we'd go for dinner. I will ONLY have the short stack with a bit of sugar free syrup (no butter) and no add ons, like bacon or sausage or breakfast potatoes. Then I will go to the gym!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was "learning" to run, I would get PISSED that I'd get so tired so fast. I then read up on it and tried interval running. SO much better for me and when I was able to run at 5.8-6.2 for more than few minutes, I'd feel SO proud.

Here's where I throw my assvice at you: do NOT keep yourself from eating something you want/like (like the short stack). A friend that dropped over 60 pounds did so by working out (running, yoga, strength) and being aware of what she ate. She still ate the same foods she loved, just in far smaller amounts. Want the bacon with the short stack? Get it. Just eat one or two pieces.

You've totally got this! I look forward to following you on this journey!!