Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Countdown is on to 13.1

A little anxiety is starting to set in. I am leaving for the airport around 4:30 tomorrow (Fri) afternoon and heading to the big easy. This is the longest I have been away from my kids in over 6.5 years! I've only done one night at a time, maybe 6 times. That's once a year people! I am not worried the house will implode or the kids will be dressed in pjs all day or they will just eat pasta and pizza all weekend. -That will all probably happen, but I know they will be safe. Hubby is a fantastic Daddy. The Kid is thrilled to have a 'guys weekend'. When I asked him if he'll miss me, he said NO! (ouch!)

We will arrive late Friday night and on Sat I guess we will walk around the city, go to the expo to pick up our race numbers and packets, try not to drink too much. ;) And the big race is Sunday morning! Early Sun morning. 7AM! We'll be home on Monday night.

13.1

Last summer I was freaking out to run a 10k, which still is my longest 'race' to date. My longest run was a week and a half ago. KC and I went 10.5 miles. Last Sunday we did 8.5. Now, I feel like if I don't do at least 3 miles, I didn't really get a good run in. A year ago, 3 miles was my max run. The other day I decided to see if I could break 30 min on the treadmill 5k program. I did 30:48. So close...but still under 10 min/miles. My goal for Sunday is to be under 2:30... realistically, I think I can do under 2:20... But I will be just thrilled if I can finish without walking. There is a tracking program, but it costs money. If you are on my fb you will know how I did pretty quick. I bought a race belt (Nathan Shadow Pak) to keep my phone and some money on me for after the race. You never know when we'll end up back at the hotel. :)

Debating if I can get a run in today. I have cookies to bake and Valentine's to buy for The Kid's Valentine's Day party tomorrow. I need to go through my clothes and try to pack it all in a carry-on, damn airline charges for checked bags. (side note: I LOVE JetBlue-they do NOT charge, they also do not fly from EWR to NOLA)

Tomorrow Hubby should be home. He has been working almost around the clock the last 4 days on a big case. So I can get my pedicure (hello! Flip flops will be worn when it's over 50*) and last minute packing and running around, and maybe I can get an outside run in (before the pedi.)

I got a new Droid Incredible last week, and while I am still learning how to use it, I am going to try to post from NEW ORLEANS this weekend. Maybe some fun pictures...if I can figure it out.

See you next on Bourbon Street!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Have an awesome time!! Good luck - you are gonna do great! Have a safe trip. :)