Sunday, January 8, 2012

squeezing it in.

So I did it. I did end up getting out for that run. I had my 1 year old niece, like I watch every Thurs., and her and my little one fell asleep in the car. I decided to hurry and get dressed, to run. I parked at the local track and ran 800's (that's 2 laps). I got in 3 of them in about 13 min (1.5 miles) before I had to go pick up the Kid from school. Talk about squeezing in a run! Then, today I went to this local reservoir that is 5 rolling miles around. I've done it so many times. It's a beautiful run and my dad actually lives across the street. I met up with my tri group and brought along my BRF (best running friend). We even did an extra mile! So a total of 6 today and I feel great. We even saw a Bald Eagle in its nest squalking away, loud! They have babies there every spring. I see them often, but each time is still so cool. I've only signed up for 1 big race so far in 2012. The NJ Half Marathon! 17 weeks to go!! Then 12 weeks after that is the Jersey Girl Triathlon. My goal for 2012 is to do 1 race a month, or 12 total. I pretty much know what I'm doing each month, but I have no ideas for Aug yet. Another goal is to lose this pesky 20 pounds so I can drop some time off my races....as I say this I am getting a beer. Hey, what? I ran 6 miles today. Don't judge me. Lol.

No comments: