Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tiny Bit of OCD coming through...

I know. It's Dec 11th. Where do the days go?



Guess what? We still don't have our Christmas tree. Yup. We were planning on going yesterday, didn't happen. And said we'd go today. Well, now it's raining. So I don't know if that's going to happen. See now if I had a fake one, I could have had it up weeks ago.



We are going to head over to the mall today so I can get the boys pictures taken all dressed up with Santa...so I can get the Christmas cards. Nope. Haven't done that yet either.

And the funny thing is, I feel no pressure, no stress that I still have so much to do for the holiday.



I do have all the gifts bought and wrapped for the Kid. I have the gifts for the kids' grandma's. Can't show you here yet, because they all read my blog...but I will show you after Christmas, they are great!


In spite of the lateness of everything else, I think I caught a little bit of Christmas OCD. I am the furthest thing from an OCD person. But, I decided this year to tell the Kid that Santa brings one or two big special gifts and fills your stocking and the rest is from mommy and daddy. I wrapped the Santa gifts in a pretty red paper and decided to wrap all of the mommy/daddy gifts in this white & silver snowflake paper. Then, when I had only 2 or 3 left to wrap I realized I wrapped the stocking gifts in snowflakes! My Kid is too damn quick. I KNOW he would realize that if I said Santa fills the stocking - how did the mommy/daddy paper get in there. So I did what I think is a bit OCD and unwrapped the stocking gifts and re-wrapped them in the red paper. I don't know, do you think that was a bit crazy? If you know my kid, you know he doesn't forget a thing and he picks up on stuff that we never thought he would. It's kinda creepy.

5 comments:

AndreAnna said...

I haven't bought a thing yet.

Oh well.

Anonymous said...

If you have a kid that picks up on every little thing? No, it's not crazy.

As of today, Morgan has 11 gifts. Two big ones from Santa. I have a few smaller things to get and then she's all done.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I'm crazy ocd about Christmas, because I never want it overshadowing my bday. I pretty much require all presents to be bought by Black Friday. And, the tree goes up on Dec 6 without fail. We have allergies, so ours is fake.

Sherry said...

Not crazy at all, smart and thank goodness you caught your "boo boo" before you son did!!!
We went to a fake tree a few years ago, too dang old to tromp all over looking for a tree, but oh I miss the real tree.
I still have shopping to do, but like you feel no pressure.
We know that come Dec 25th all will be said and done and it will be another fabulous Christmas

Kellie said...

I remember my Mom saying one of the things I would catch every year was that Santa and Mommy wrapped gifts in the same paper...she started to tell me that sometimes they left the paper out for him! Like Santa doesn't have enough to do at each house..my Mom has him wrapping too!! lol