Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When it rains...

It really pours.

So the Baby had his tongue clipped on Monday. It was horrible. I cried the whole time, but the Baby was just fine. He was given stuff under his tongue to numb it, so he really didn't feel a thing. It was the doctor holding his mouth open so he could actually clip the frenulum that made he cry. As soon as he was done, he stopped crying.

He was 3 weeks old yesterday. He is latching on a bit better. But the damage was done. I am still so sore, so it still hurts. But not as bad as it did...if he gives me a break and naps. This Baby is just cat napping and wanting to nurse SO often now.


On to the pouring part... yesterday when the Baby finally took a 2 hour nap and I was able to lie down for about an hour and get some rest. The Kid was watching TV in the living room. I woke up to him crying. I called his name but he didn't come into the bedroom, so I went out to him. I found him in the foyer with his pants around his ankles, crying because he had wet his pants. I went to hug him and he felt all warm. I got him in a shower to rinse off and cool off and then took his temp and it was 101.7. Later last night I took it again and it was 102.7. He didn't even remember me giving him a shower when I told Hubby when he got home from work. He was so delirious from the fever. We gave him some Motrin and hoped after a good nights sleep he'd be better in the morning.

Well, today he sounded like he was talking with a mouth full of saliva or like he just got out of the dentist and was slurring a little or something like that and still had a fever over 102. So I looked into his mouth and he had red spots in his mouth. So off to the doctor again. Even though the doctor took a strep test to see if he'd need antibiotics, it was exactly what I feared. The Kid has Coxsakie virus (Hand,Foot Mouth Disease). Friken wonderful. Luckily the spots in his mouth don't seem to be bothering him at all, I am hoping it stays that way and PRAYING that the Baby doesn't get it too.

7 comments:

Officer Mom said...

POOR BABY. MY SON HAD THAT VIRUS BECAUSE SOMEONE AT SCHOOL BROUGHT IT IN. IT IS HORRIBLE. KEEP US UPDATED. HUGS, LIZ

AndreAnna said...

Good grief!

You poor things.

Officer Mom said...

I am giving you an award. I hope you will check it out at http://tinyurl.com/3r8f9n

Hugs, Liz

Cass. Just Curious said...

Good Goddess I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have containment.

KG said...

My kid has had that hand/foot/mouth thing twice. The first time was coxsakie virus and the second time was a virus that causes the same symptoms but is apparently a different virus. Greeeat. I really REALLY hope your little baby doesn't get it, too. It's miserable.

FYI - the cool or cold dairy products work the best if the sores start to really hurt and he refuses food and/or water. I gave mine yogurt. Keep up the MOtrin and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. You poor girl!! And the poor Kid!!

CPA Mom said...

Oh Lord. My son had that when my daughter was in infant and my daughter never did get it so there's hope!! Hope he feels better soon!