Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Catch Up

Oh boy, sorry guys. I have been a little MIA on my blog since Friday. I have still been reading and commenting on most of yours, so here is my little update.

Friday I did end up going to the consignment shop again AND I found the lamp that matches the bedding set that I bought a few days before...for only $10!!! Then a friend of mine came over in the afternoon and we went to the beach with our 3 kids. It was a Friday around 1:30 and a miracle happened. We parked about a 1/2 a block from the beach! It was amazing.

Saturday I pretty much stayed in all day. I'm not a big fan of travelling around town on the weekends with all the traffic around here anyway.

Sunday my FIL and SIL came over and we all went out on a canoe the nice calm waterway around the corner from my house. It was awesome. Since I am unable to twist the 2 of them paddled while the Kid and I were sitting in the middle. It was so relaxing and I can't wait to do it again. I caught 2 crabs with the net for my FIL...who LOVES crabs and was very happy about it. When we came back home they left and my MIL came over to see us for a little bit. We went out to dinner and had a very nice night.

Yesterday the Kid had Little Gym camp in the morning. After I picked him up we went over to my mom's. Her cousin from Florida was up visiting and she was having a big family party later in the evening. The Kid and I stopped by to say hi, drop off the tuna macaroni salad I made and went over to the little river beach down the street from my mom's. When we got back another one of my mom's cousin's was there who lives in South Jersey and the par-tay was starting. Did I mention that my mom makes the most kick ass sangria? ...very jealous I was. Soon everyone was showing up, my grandparents, my 3 cousins, my aunt, my brother and my Hubby was the last to show after he got off work. It was a blast. There was SO much food. My mom goes all out when she has company.

This morning my grandmother, the Kid and I went over to the ocean beach. We were there for about 5 hours. I can't believe the time went so fast. It was just a beautiful day. The Kid is exhausted and in the living room watching tv and I am just waiting for him to pass out. If he doesn't, then he will be going to bed very shortly.

On the baby update. Last night was my first REALLY uncomfortable night. I have had uncomfortable nights before, but this one took the cake. I had massive heartburn (due to my mom's awesome chili, I'm sure) and every position I was in was so crappy. Usually I can stretch out on my back for a few minutes and then roll back over to my side, but I think the baby has grown over the last 48 hours and was laying right on some important organ (lungs maybe?) and I just kept tossing and turning all night and I could NOT lie on my back at all. I also peed more than usual and every time I got up my lower back was so sore. How the hell can that be after lying still and sleeping?? Man, that sucked. I have about 6 1/2 weeks to go and I am ready to be done already. I know most of you have been there too. So I know I can get some empathy here. ;)


AndreAnna said...

Blogger fricken ate my comment. TWICE.

I said that since I was where you were a mere few weeks ago, you have my total and complete empathy.

And I'm glad you're staying active, because as much as I bitched about it, I am sure it helped me with an easy delivery and recovery and I wish you the same.

Sherry said...

Sorry for your restless night but soon it will be "sleepless' nights for a different reason, the baby will be here!! yahoo
Sounds like you had one heck of a busy weekend and lots of food, ha, and you wonder why you couldn't sleep!! :)
The canoe ride sounds so relaxing, and sound like fun too.

CPA Mom said...

Girl, I feel your pain. Those last months of pregnancy were HELL for me.

You are a lucky duck for getting to go to the beach so much!