Friday, June 13, 2008

My First (and ONLY) Sunburn of the Season...

Ahhhhhhh. I am so relaxed. Today was such a nice day. We had no where we had to be. My grandmother took the Kid for a couple hours this morning so I could stay in bed a little longer this morning since I got up about 20 times to pee and didn't really fall back asleep easy. After lunch we went over to the beach and spent 2 1/2 glorious hours there. It was our first official summer day at the beach. The only reason I say that is because we both had bathing suits on and actually got wet! Although, I forgot to put sunblock on my legs and the front of my legs are all hot and sunburned. :(
For dinner the Kid and I went to a local place to eat that you can eat outside. And now, it's 8:15 and he is sound asleep. Sooooo tired. It was just a nice day all around. I took a mess of pictures and they all came out so cool.














My baby's footprints in the sand.

Yesterday we GOT OUR TILE! We took my grandfather, who is in his mid-80's, to Lowe's to help us pick it out. He has been doing tile for 60+ years and will be doing the tile in our bathroom upstairs. He is so strong and his knees are still in great shape. It's amazing.

This was waiting for the fork lift to get down more tile from the top shelf. Made the Kid's DAY watching the forklift.

This is our tile! It's beige and shiney and beautiful, and the 9x12 tiles that are going up and down will be going side to side and they will be uneven...like how you would lay bricks. I will post pictures when they are actually applied to our walls and not just the Lowe's sample.

Tomorrow we have our 2nd of 5 birthday parties for June. It's in the late afternoon, so I don't know if I'll be online much. I warned you all in an earlier post that once the summer hit I would probably be an every-other-day poster. I am doing my best!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh . . . to be at the beach! It looks like you had fun! And I can't wait to see pictures of the new tile - I love other people's home improvement projects almost as much as I love my own!