Friday, September 26, 2008

The Delivery - I can beat Domino's

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!
That delivery was totally different than the Kid, it was unreal!! With the Kid it was 22 hours from start of contractions until he was out...this baby- 4 1/2 hours!
Seriously. I started some contractions around 5am. But they weren't bad, kinda like the Brax Hicks I had on Saturday. So I just went out in the living room to watch tv since I couldn't sleep. The Kid and Hubby got up just before 7 and by then they were getting a little stronger (but I could still talk through them) and a little closer together, so I called the doctor. By the time he called me back we were getting our stuff together and the Kid squared away to get to school they were super strong. I still thought we'd still have all day.

We left our house at 8am... there was a little traffic, so by the time we got to the hospital it was about 8:30. The nurse was AWESOME and was trying to get my blood work back right away to get me my epi...but it was too late. I was hooked up to the monitor at 8:42. She checked me and I was 5 cm. Dr G came in about 20 min later and I was 7cm!!!! And then my water broke and he checked again and he said I was ready to push. Hubby says I pushed for about 5 minutes and he was out (the Kid was an hour and a half!)

But, I am so glad I didn't get the epi. I was feeling great after and could walk around and wasn't as exhausted as I was with the Kid. I would never have picked an all natural delivery, but I survived. LOL!
This boy has a scream that is in the octaves that would piss dogs off!! And the Kid slept through the whole night!!! Thank goodness!

I will update with some more pictures soon.


AndreAnna said...

Yay! So glad you had an easy delivery. It really makes a world of difference home with a newborn.

Can't wait to see more pics!

Bethany said...

Glad it was so easy! Also very jealous it was so easy!

Sherry said...

Well you go girl, that's the way to do it. Your son decided he was ready and bam that was it!!!!!
Glad your son can sleep through all the crying and hahaha hope too many dogs aren't "howling" when the baby cries. Loved that line :)
Anxiously waiting for more pictures too!!!

Kellie said...

I'm so happy it was so easy for you.


CPA Mom said...

wow! A natural delivery, way to go Mama!! (my first was 19 1/2 hours of labor and my 2nd was 4 hours and I had no working epidural for my 2nd either).

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Yay. How wonderful. I cannot imagine a natural delivery, but WOW so amazing you did it. 4.5 hours? ROCK ON!! And, he's a gorgeous boy.