Sunday, September 21, 2008

Made it through another night.

I'm still home. Still pregnant.

Hubby actually went into work today. He works 5 days on and 5 days off and yesterday was supposed to be his first day back to work. He was off all M-F last week. He called out yesterday 'just in case' and he will be home tomorrow since we have another doctor's appointment, but he can't call out more than 3 days in a row without a doctor's note...and if I don't have this baby, he won't get one. So he went in. We figured it wasn't that big of a deal if I went into labor today. It's Sunday, all of our family is home and someone can take the Kid and someone can drive me to the hospital. Plus he could probably get to the hospital in about 45 min from work since it's Sunday and NOT the summer anymore (so he'd hit no traffic.)

Last night was kinda sucky though. I was on the couch watching tv and this baby just wouldn't stop moving, which made for a very uncomfy mommy. I was getting all random crampy (Brax Hicks) again really low when he was moving and I had to walk around the living room. It felt like he was spinning like a top. Hubby was watching my belly and was all freaked out. He thought I was doing something to make my stomach jump around. LOL! When he finally calmed down I went to bed and woke (for the 3rd time of the night) somewhere in the 4am range to a painful hip. I must have slept funny on my right side because now my hip hurts. ugh.

The Kid has been so amazing through all of this. He knows mommy can't bend over or sit on the floor and that the baby still isn't out yet. He kisses and hugs my belly and talks to the baby asking "When you come out baby?" And he has been great every time we leave him to go to the doctor and tell him we may be going to the hospital and then show up a couple hours later to bring him home, with no baby. He is just the best.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

poor you! being late sucks (as you well know). have you been trying the 'usual methods' to naturally induce labor? hee hee...

Sherry said...

Oh sorry you are miserable with all sorts of pains, that has to be so hard to cope with. Your baby is just making his presence known isn't he? Saying "I am in here and I am not coming out til I am darn good and ready!"
I hope today you can find a comfortable spot and can relax some, plus hope your hip is feeling better. Hang in, it won't be long now. Yeah don't you hate people telling you that???? :)
I am thinking of you and I am on the baby watch !!!!!

AndreAnna said...

Gosh, this brings back memories. I think I would have paid someone to get that kid out of me, I was so miserable.

Hang in there - just a few more days!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you lots of birthing vibes, that baby needs to come!!!!

Jess said...

I'm sorry! How are you feeling today? Hopefully last night was a better night! Only 2 more days to go...then I win :) Haha...hope you're feeling ok!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

When you come out! I'm so sorry. I know you are very ready to get the show on the road. It's for sure this week, right?