Sunday, September 7, 2008

Still Pregnant

I am still watching the calendar...only about 11 more days to go...hopefully!

The Kid has his first day of pre-school tomorrow, well, kind of his 2nd first day of school. He was in nursery school last year for 2 days a week and had a wonderful teacher. But this year he will be there 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hrs a day. Wow. I am really really hoping I can make it through this week without giving birth. There is not a doubt in my mind that the Kid will cry everytime I drop him off for at least the first week. Which makes it better for me to do it than Hubby. Hubby wouldn't leave him crying. He is such a push over. We get pictures and hugs and kisses before we leave and then I leave Hubby home to bring the Kid to school. It's just easier that way.

Hubby and I finally went to storage and picked up the bassinet with sheets and the bin on 0-3 month clothes, the receiving blankets, etc. I just went through it all today and washed everything. It's all SO tiny!! I can't believe when I brought the Kid home at less than 6 pounds all these clothes were too small for him! You really forget how tiny they are. They grow SO fast.

So, we are on our way to being 'ready'. We have all the baby essentials. Now we just need our own bedrooms! We have the insulation people coming tomorrow! YEAH! And then the next step will be putting up the sheet rock and picking out floors, carpet, paint... oh boy...I hope I will be able to pick out some decent stuff/colors for upstairs on no sleep in a couple weeks! LOL!

2 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Sawyer just outgrew the newborn stuff and is filing out the 0-3 month stuff quickly. It's so hard to believe some of the stuff was so big on him. He's already 8 weeks old! Nuts!

Sherry said...

See you are ready for the baby and a while back you were worried huh? It will all be good.
So any tears when you dropped your son off at school today? That is always so hard, but at least you know it's for the best and not a "push over" like the men folk!! :)
You will do great picking out your color scheme and flooring, how exciting. A new baby and well a new house too all at once, you go girl.
Love your new site too, it's great!!