Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Blog

I am very new to the blogging world. Well, not too new, I have been a faithful reader of http://www.diaryofamodernmatriarch.com/ and have been a lurker of many of her favs. I have read so many and so many of you seem just like me. It's crazy. I also am feeling weird that I know so much about many of you, especially AndreAnna and you know nothing about me.

A little background on me. I have a son who will be 4 in July. He is a good little kid and has so many funny moments. He just now came to me with his 'work' goggles on and told me he was going scuba diving with the fish. And I can hear him in the living room yelling "cannonball!"

After a miscarriage last October, I am now 16 weeks into a new pregnancy. This one is due Sept 19th, but I don't trust the doctors. My son was due on July 8th and didn't join us until July 20th, and was only 5 lbs 13 ozs. I will do a birth story on him another day.

My husband and I just moved into my grandparent's house after selling our first house. That is also a whole other story for another day. (I should get a notebook and write down ideas, shouldn't I?) Our 5 year anniversary is this month.

Since I am a mom I am writing for all moms too. I am not a writer at all, but I need to think of an audience while I write, right? I remember that from college comp (oh, another fun post day- we can get into some of my college days.) I do not need practice until I go back into the real work force. So this is just for fun and to get through some long days. I am a stay at home mom and in my life before kids I was a Police Officer (Class 2*) and a 9-1-1 police dispatcher. So be prepared for typos and there will not be compete sentences all the time, but I will do my best. Thank Target for spell check.

I am on the computer everyday, so I am hoping to post something everyday. I know it can get tough, so I may be stealing ideas from other mommy bloggers, I will ask nicely first! :)
Thanks for reading...if anyone is!


*Class 2 Police Officer- on duty, exactly the same as a full-time police officer, yes, I carried a gun. I was not a 'rent-a-cop.' Off-duty, had no police powers and had to leave my gun in my locker in headquarters.

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Oh yay! Glad you started one!

Cass. Just Curious said...

Welcome! I think starting a blog is one of the best decisions I ever made - all of a sudden I found myself in a community filled with people I like...what a gift!

I totally recommend keeping a list of stories you want to tell because the day you're sitting at your computer watching the clock tick trying to come up with SOMETHING, ANYTHING to write is soooo frustrating when you KNOW you have TONS of stuff to share.

I've added you to my blog reader!

Anonymous said...

Without blogging, I wouldn't have made so many wonderful friends.

I have tons of posts saved in my drafts folder--they help when I'm stuck with nothing to write about.

I'll add you to my blogroll and look forward to coming back to see what's going on with you :)

And I? Am SO impressed with the gun carrying thing.